Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mamma Mia! (The Movie)

Okay, so this isn't so much a "musical theatre" piece per se, but it is based off of a West End and Broadway production, so screw it...I'm posting here about it. Now, the first thing I think I should do is have you watch a video, and the one I decided you should watch is "Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)" performed by Amanda Seyfried. Oh ya...the whole musical, if you don't know, is a jukebox musical based off of the songs of ABBA. So, here is the video:

Watch the video at YouTube.

So, there you have it. Pictures. Music. The movie has both. I have actually not been able to get the music out of my head for quite a while now. I had to get the soundtrack and I am pretty sure I can now sing along to a lot of the songs perfectly.

Anyways, I don't really have too much to share about musicals at the moment, but I will be seeing the national tour of Annie at the end of February, so will no doubt be posting something about that after I see it. And this July, a local theatre group is doing "Grease". I am tempted to audition.

No comments: